Tech services recommends that you DO NOT update school devices to iOS 9 immediately upon its release.
- iOS 5, 6, 7, and 8 will continue to work on your devices.
- Previous iOS version releases have had significant bugs in their initial releases.
- You cannot easily "roll-back" from iOS 9 if it causes an issue.
- The update could prevent existing apps from working properly.
- The update may take a significant amount of time to download and install, and may require up to 3GB of free space on the device.